Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tears

Today I realized that I haven't cried in almost 30 days.

This Saturday will be 30 days since we dropped our son off at rehab.

This Sunday we will get to see our son receive his 30 day chip/coin.

I called his rehab to find out what time we should arrive on Sunday.

She said that son is such a genuinely nice person.

She said how handsome he is and how he takes good care of himself.

She said he is opening up and sharing more each day.

She said we will be proud of him.

She said he has a sparkle in his eye.

I hung up and cried. I've missed that sparkle. I can't wait to see it again.

I can't wait to hug my son again.

I can't wait to whisper, "I don't want to let you go," when I hug him.

I can't wait to hear him say, "I know Mom."

7 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time. I know you will be crying tears of joy. I can just feel the emotion from your post. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just beautiful, i have tears in my eyes just reading this. i have hope for you and prayers as well. enjoy your visit and take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy, take a snapshot in your head, and file it away in your heart.

    I have a bunch of beautiful pictures inside of me, I call them up when I need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crying along with you...the good kind of tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rehabs and have learned so much through the time my daughter spent in them. The family group weeks truly changed our family. I hope this time with your son results in healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very, very happy for you. I can't wait for the day when I am tear free for thirty days. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that I didn't call you back during my vacation. As my last blog entry says, I'm numbing down-- unable to deal with worry over my son. My spirits are lifted, reading the hope in your blog entry. How I pray that the sparkle in your son's eye will stay. I'm feeling so down, that it brings me joy to read about other's hope.
    Love,
    Debby
    www.howismyson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete