Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Court tomorrow

I talked to my son this evening- was nice to hear his voice, he sounds good. My husband visited him over the weekend, I was out of town.

Public Defender visited son today and she said absolute worst case is that he gets 3 years in prison. Or, he might get 1 year in County Jail and 3-5 years probation. He's not eligible for court ordered rehab or drug court, due to his 3 thefts over the 3 years. He's already served jail time for past 2 thefts, so I'm not sure how all that works...

I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but I don't think he's sentenced until his Friday court date. Not sure if I will go tomorrow or not. I'm finding that I'm a bit torn between letting him deal with all this on his own, or showing up for support.

I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning...

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you - It's never easy going thru any of this but as you have found... you are not alone. Just started reading your blog - I am a mother of a son who is a long time meth addict. Maybe this will be your son's wake up call - you can only hope. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 22 year old son recovering from opiate addiction (heroin)...It is a tough journey...May your son find true healing and freedom. I pray he turns his life around through a blossoming faith in God and all the strength, love, and wisdom that comes with that. Peace be with you.- Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dawn & Deirdre- I pray and hope for the same things for your sons!

    ReplyDelete