Inspirational Prayer of the Day

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sentencing Next Month

At last Wednesday's court date (the one we couldn't stay for) 5 out of the 6 charges were dropped- so I think it will be a year in County Jail. But we won't know for sure until April 13th- his next court date. He called the other night and said the day he gets out of jail he'd like to go straight to the airport and head out of state, to where we have family (we've offered in the past for him to go to rehab back there). This is the first time he's mentioned it on his own- maybe he's finally realizing he can't keep going back to the same playground if he truly wants to stay clean. Don't know if he'd even be allowed to go to out of state rehab, but I'm glad he's even considering it.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Court

I did go to my son's court date yesterday, on my lunch hour. But, we didn't get to hear/see his case. They did one case and then took a break. We waited for 20 minutes, then I had to get back to work. But, mission accomplished for me- I was able to see my son and he was able to see his mom and dad show up for him...

As far as I know his sentencing is tomorrow, but I can't go to that as it's in the morning. Not sure if hubby will go or not. I will be praying for God's will...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Court tomorrow

I talked to my son this evening- was nice to hear his voice, he sounds good. My husband visited him over the weekend, I was out of town.

Public Defender visited son today and she said absolute worst case is that he gets 3 years in prison. Or, he might get 1 year in County Jail and 3-5 years probation. He's not eligible for court ordered rehab or drug court, due to his 3 thefts over the 3 years. He's already served jail time for past 2 thefts, so I'm not sure how all that works...

I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but I don't think he's sentenced until his Friday court date. Not sure if I will go tomorrow or not. I'm finding that I'm a bit torn between letting him deal with all this on his own, or showing up for support.

I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning...