Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cigarette Decision

Thanks for the input on our dilemma. We've decided to send the smokes this time and ask if perhaps he can do extra chores to earn smoke money for the future. Husband doesn't want to provide for the entire 90 days.

We do not have an unlimited money source, like most, we are suffering in this economy. While his rehab isn't free, we're paying for 90 days what most places charge for 30 days, so it is one of the more affordable places around.

I love my son beyond belief, I don't like that he smokes, but I do accept it.

If this was just MY decision, I wouldn't have even blogged about- I would have just sent them. This seems like a small issue in the grand scheme of things, splitting hairs, if you will. However, hubby and I are a team, so I do respect his feelings on the issue.

Today I am blessed that my biggest dilemma is over cigarettes.

Thanks again- you guys are the best!

7 comments:

  1. I have bought cigs for my son. I seldom do it. My father smoked and died from cancer at 52 years old. I have a very strong aversions to cigs and smoking.

    One hard lesson I have learned to to chose the right battles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are willing to ask for advice, but know enough to go with your own intuition. You are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. I hope he appreciates you. I could not believe that my daughter even agreed to go to a nonsmoking, 90-day rehab. God bless you, hubby and son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to make a decision and to get the advice you were looking for. I didn't weigh in on that one because I really didn't know how I felt about it. Of course, in the end, all that matters is how you and hubby feel about it, right? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lou about asking for advice and then making a decision along with your hubby. I think you and him are an example of a good marriage, I enjoy reading about your teamwork. Maybe if son knows he has to work for cigs he will cut way back to make them last and eventually quit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did what felt right to you. That's all anyone can do. Have a good day. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't weigh in earlier on the cig issue. My personal thought is don't sweat it - there are much worse things to worry about. I think the real issue is between you and you husband, because it's so important for our (sometimes opposite) opinions to be heard and valued in marriage. Glad you've reached an agreement.

    ReplyDelete